from Tuesday, June 8th, 2021 we will be there for you again from 11:30 a. m.! We are happy to accept reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s new at the Fegerer:
- WLAN: From now on, a wireless internet connection (WLAN) is available to our guests free of charge.
- Air purification equipment: In addition to the legal requirements we have implemented, we have equipped all rooms in the Fegerer with air purification devices.
- Heated sunshades: In the Schloßgasse, sunshades with powerful infrared heaters and rapid heat generation now provide a real feel-good ambience on cold days and long nights.
Stay healthy and confident!
Your team at the „Zum Fegerer“ restaurant,
which is very much looking forward to seeing you!
- We have designed all operational procedures in such a way that a minimum distance of 1.5 m is maintained.
- Our service and kitchen teams wear mouth-to-nose coverings. In support of this, we ask you, dear guests, to also wear a mouth-to-nose covering when coming and leaving as well as when visiting the toilets and other movements in the building.
- Hand disinfectant is available in the entrance area and in the restrooms. Please disinfect your hands when entering. Thank you.
- In addition to the legal requirements we have implemented, we have equipped all rooms in the Fegerer with air purification devices.
- Please observe the so-called cough etiquette, which also applies when sneezing: keep at least 1.5 m away, turn away and use a disposable handkerchief or the crook of your arm.
- A high level of hygiene is part of our philosophy at the „Fegerer“. Our entire team is extensively informed and trained about the special hygiene and protection measures, additional disinfection intervals have been adapted according to the official regulations.
- All staff have been instructed not to come to work if they feel ill.
- Guests with symptoms of respiratory infection or fever are not allowed to enter our restaurant. If symptoms occur during your stay or during the incubation period after your visit, please notify us immediately.
- In order to be able to document possible chains of infection without gaps, we keep a written guest registration. The data will be destroyed after one month, and will not be used for any purpose other than stated here, especially not for advertising purposes. It goes without saying that we respect data protection.
For more than 30 years, the tavern ZUM FEGERER has represented Franconian tradition in the heart of Aschaffenburg.
Our cuisine offers the culinary diversity of Franconia – traditional, native… but also creative. Our main focus is on Spessart venison,
braised dishes, and local products of the season.
We are pleased to invite you to our cosy tavern – a gem where you can dine in style
but also have a proper party. Our vaulted cellar houses 35 to 50 persons and the tiled stove room some 20 to 22 people.
We look Forward to discussing individual menu proposals with you.
Please note that dogs are not allowed. Thank you for your understanding!
Formerly, the premises in the Schlossgasse 14 were named “Wasserloser Hof” – which points to a farmyard owned by the noble family Schelris von Wasserlos – and which very likely an annexe of the house in the Schlossgasse. The wood used to build the house was logged in 1362 and 1365 and, based on current knowledge, was carpentered only shortly afterwards.
In 1755, the “Fegererzunft” (sweepers guild) was established. About the same time, the house was redesigned in baroque style; in particular, the ground floor which was made of timber framework was replaced by a façade of solid masonry at the Schlossgasse side. After the renovation of 1988, this caused Robert Weigel, the owner of the house and master chimney sweeper to Name the newly opened tavern „Zum Fegerer“.
The exhibits in the glass cabinet at the entrance come from excavations at the present Altstadthof and date back to the 15th century.
Opening Hours & Address
We are open daily for you.
At noon from 11:30 am 2:30 pm. In the evening from 5 pm.
Vault cellar for 35 to 55 persons, tiled stove room for 20 to 25 persons.
We will gladly provide you customized menu suggestions.
1st place „Aschaffenburgs best“
Zum Fegerer, thanks a lot.